If you are a small business owner or manage a website you have better things to do with your time than keep up with the constant internet changes. However these constant changes can have huge impacts on your business.
In 2016, these following events have already taken place and your business could have gained a competitive advantage if you took action or lost business as a result of not being informed.
- Ads are now being served within the map pack search results.
- Angie’s List is now free to list a business and reviews are now public.
POTENTIAL LOSS OF BUSINESS
- The biggest search engine removed sidebar ads and now display 4 ads before any organic results.
- Another mobile friendly algorithm change was publicly announced.
- An unannounced algorithm was rumored to be released in June and impacted numerous businesses.
- Penguin 4.0 has publicly been announced and will be released very soon.
- In general, algorithms have undergone significant changes and web developers do not use the same optimization techniques that were commonly implemented several years ago.
- Web security is more important then ever and xmlrpc exploits are on the rise. Are you watching your log files?
Do you want your web properties be an expense in the books and a project time sink, or do you want to build a a valuable asset that returns customers and sales?
FREE Website Review
By filling out the form below
* You will not be added to a mailing list and your information will not be shared.
Hi, I’m Dan and I own a digital marketing agency located in Santa Cruz, CA. In my spare time, I love to surf and play golf. I started out in the web industry over 20 years ago and created websites as a hobby. I started my career by offering custom programming to mostly companies outside the U.S. I then transitioned into a front-end web developer and worked with many Silicon Valley tech startups. I’ve worked mostly in the marketing department with marketing managers and outside consulting agencies where I expanded my skill set and continued to adapt to the ever changing web design field. I’ve always had an interest in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and have recently embarked upon this full time. From my experience in this journey, I know many web developers that think they know SEO as well as SEO individuals that think they are well-versed in web development. Both fields are very technical and constantly changing so it’s rare to find a person with a strong background in both fields. Complete the form and I’ll implement a free review of your website and will provide some valuable tips on how to improve your website and grow your business. Let’s get started…